Would you like to know which hard disk is installed on your Windows PC? Then follow our instructions.
If you want to find out what kind of hard drive is installed in your Windows PC and what properties it has, there are various options available to you. In the following, we explain how you can read your hard drive via the device manager and the external program Speccy.
Read out the hard disk via the device manager
Follow our step-by-step instructions or take a look at the quick start guide.
- Step 1: Use the key combination [ Windows ] + [ R ] to open the run field and enter ” devmgmt. msc ” there. Then confirm with ” OK “.
- Step 2: Now search for ” drives ” in the device manager and open the tab with one click. All installed hard drives are now displayed there.
- Step 3: With a double click on the name of the hard disk, you will get further information.
Readout hard disk via external program
If you need more detailed information about your hard drive, external programs can help. We recommend Speccy for an uncomplicated reading of your hard drive. Follow our step-by-step instructions or take a look at the quick start guide.
- Step 1: First, you have to download the Speccy program, for example, from heise Download. Open the program after the installation. Various information about your PC is now displayed on an overview page. On the left, in the column on ” Storage ” or ” memory ” for information on obtaining your hard drive.
- Step 2: All important information about your hard drive will now be displayed.
Quick start guide for Device Manager
- Open the Device Manager by pressing the key combination [Windows] + [R].
- The run field then opens, in which you enter devmgmt. msc and confirm with ” OK “. Alternatively, you can also access the device manager in Windows 10 via the Cortana search.
- Now the device manager opens. Search for ” Drives ” in the list and open the tab with a click. The installed hard drives are now displayed there.
- With a double click on the name of the hard disk, you can further information received.
Quick Start Guide for Speccy
- First, you have to download the Speccy program, for example, from heise Download.
- After the installation, open the program. In addition to information about your hard drive, the program also provides information about your other hardware, such as the graphics card.
- To get but now displays more precise information on the hard drive, open the left in the list to select ” Storage ” or ” memory “. All important information about your hard drive will now be displayed.
Also Read: When PC Mouse Hangs – What To Do?