Central axis of all Content Marketing process. Segmentation is the most important factor in our strategy and its success or failure will depend on it. We must not forget that all of our content will be aimed at that audience, so it is vitally important to define our buyer persona in detail.
In addition, thanks to the study of our target audience we will be able to know the most appropriate types of content as well as the channels and media that best fit our objective.
The contents offer consumers that added value that in many other advertising formats does not exist and also, manage to connect with them in a more valuable way.
There are many types of content that we can create, although we must never forget which of them best suits our plans. Some of the contents that we can prepare are:
- Guides / Tutorials
- Study cases
- Illustrations and infographics
- Presentations and slides
- Webinars, seminars and videoconferences
- Mobile apps
It is the means by which the content will be distributed. Therefore, it is very important to choose the most appropriate channels according to the nature of our content and the type of communication required. In addition, on each platform a particular type of content wins, so the same results will not be obtained if we publish an image on Twitter as on Instagram, for example.
However, we recommend that you focus on using only those social networks that are most effective for your purposes and forget to try to be present in all of them. Choosing the right channels will help you increase the number of leads and redirect traffic to your website.
Web or blog
It is not new. The blog is the most effective content in the world of Digital Marketing. Due to its characteristics, the blog is the means by which the company communicates with the audience and disseminates quality information. It is the most useful way to offer solutions to user problems. And it seems that the production and consumption of blogs has not stopped growing in recent years. According to an investigation carried out by WordPress, more than 409 million people consult more than 21 billion pages every month.
In this context, according to a study carried out by the Demand Gen Report, 47% of buyers admit to having reviewed between 3 and 5 blogs before considering the purchase of a product, a fact that explains why a large part of brands bet on this type of content.
However, that does not mean that we can write a blog on any topic, but that there must be an obvious relationship between the content of the article and the services or products offered by the company itself. For example, in the case of a company that sells clothing items, it could produce a publication on the latest trends in men’s fashion. In this way, you will position yourself as a source of value and authority in your field of expertise and will be able to attract quality leads to your website.
The best option to interact with your audience. Social networks (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn, Pinterest, etc.) are the medium par excellence when it comes to disseminating your content. Therefore, do not forget to optimize your blog so that people can share it without problems. In addition, we recommend that you prepare a monthly calendar to organize your publications.
Working with a content calendar for Social Media will allow you to order the frequency of your publications, decide the types of content, as well as the appropriate platforms for their proper distribution. Once your content is published, be sure to respond to the mentions you receive and appreciate any likes and comments. The idea is that you can establish a connection with your followers, so it never hurts to be grateful and close. If you do this, you will get your audience to continue participating in your proposals.
Sending newsletters and promotions via email is an excellent way to keep your public informed about your news, content and commercial proposals. In addition, far from what is thought, the use of this strategy is not only limited to large corporations, but any type of company can obtain magnificent results by planning a good mailing campaign.
Any company interested in attracting and loyalty of online customers should consider Email Marketing due to its high efficiency and relatively low cost.
Advantages and benefits
The network is so saturated with advertising that users can hardly remember a specific ad. In fact, our mind has automatically developed the ability to skip banners or any advertising format when we surf the Internet. For this reason, brands have had to devise a new way of reaching users without inconveniencing their stay in the digital environment.
As we have seen throughout the article, Content Marketing has been established as the best tool to generate value and attract the public in a friendly way. But what benefits does this system really bring to our brand? Let’s see it below.
- Increase sales: a good Content Marketing strategy increases the economic results of our company. According to Custom Content Council, 55% of consumers say they are more attracted to buy products thanks to the content. The same occurs in the contracting of services, where those brands that provide personalized content increase their income.
- Increase leads and traffic to our website: Companies that care about creating content through blogs or an updated website achieve higher qualified traffic. According to Content Marketing Institute, the cost of a lead through a content marketing strategy is 62% lower than that of traditional advertising. In addition, by responding to the needs of users, many of them go to the website in search of content. The better the content provided, the more traffic our website will receive.
- Increase engagement: Generating quality content substantially increases our interaction with the community. For this reason, it is a good idea to study the tastes and interests of the audience and strategically disseminate our publications through the different digital channels.
- Improves brand positioning: one of the most important points on the list. Google rewards companies whose content adds value to the digital community with the first search results. For this reason, optimizing your content through SEO (Search Engine Optimization), can enhance our online reputation and naturally increase our Linkbuilding.
- Improve brand image: strengthen relationships with our target audience. The free dissemination of valuable material increases the notoriety or authority, thus becoming a valuable asset for the branding of our company. In addition, it increases levels of consumer confidence, a fact that can translate into an increase in income. Unlike online advertising, the content is permanent and allows the brand to be consolidated in the long term.
- Its results are measurable and analyzable: a vital part of the content strategy. The measurement of results offers us valuable information about the state of our strategy based on different indicators and metrics. In this sense, there are tools such as Google Analytics that will allow us to know what type of content generates the greatest impact and repercussion on the network.
Video Marketing, Big Data and other trends of the future
Following the Fake News phenomenon, Content Marketing is undergoing an evolution. The spread of fake news with the aim of influencing community behavior now threatens the credibility and seriousness of the media. All this has caused profound changes in users who are increasingly demanding with information and now demand quality and proven content. Thus, the role of new information and communication technologies is in the process of change and its future is oriented towards strict control of sources and the authenticity of content.