This guide explains how you can adjust the font on the iPhone according to your needs. The options for changing the system font on the iPhone are, unfortunately, quite limited.
However, you can adjust the font size to your liking and enable bold letters. If you would like to use additional fonts in Word or Pages, you can also install new fonts. We’ll explain how all of this works in this guide.
Adjust the system font of the iPhone
As already mentioned, you can currently only adjust the font size in the iOS settings and choose whether text should be displayed in bold:
- Open the settings of your iPhone and tap on the menu item” Display & Brightness “.
- To display texts in bold everywhere in iOS, activate the switch for “Bold Text “.
- Tap Text Size to adjust the size of the font. You can use the slider to set the size according to your needs.
Install new fonts on the iPhone
Also, you can install new fonts on your iPhone. You cannot define this as a system font, but you can use it in apps such as Word or Pages to format text, for example. Follow our step-by-step instructions or take a look at the quick start guide.
- Step 1: To do this, you first need an app that will install the font on the iPhone. The “iPhone” app is used in these instructions, but many other apps in the App Store offer similar functions. The process of installing new fonts is identical for all apps. Find a suitable app from the App Store and install it.
- 2nd step: You also need the font that you want to install as a file. For example, download it from dafont.com by tapping the font download button and selecting “Download “.
- 3rd step: Now open the iFont app and switch to “Font Finder” in the lower menu bar. There tap on “Open Files
- 4th step: This will open a window in which you can locate and select the downloaded font. Tap the file that contains the new font. Tip: If you have just loaded the font, it will be displayed directly in the “History” area without navigating to the file.
- 5th step: Then tap on “Import to iFont” to first import the font into the app.
- 6th step: Now you can install the font on your iPhone too. To do this, switch to the “Installer” tab in the lower menu bar and tap on the font you want to install.
- 7th step: Then tap on the “Install” button and select “Continue” to continue with the installation.
- 8th step: A window opens in which you must allow a configuration profile to be loaded. If a new font is installed on the iPhone, this is done using so-called profiles. These ensure that the font is available system-wide and not just in individual apps. Therefore click on “Allow “.
- 9th step: Now switch to the settings of your iPhone. At the top, you will find the menu item” Profile loaded “. Tap on it to install the Profile with the font.
- 10th step: Tap “Install”, enter your iPhone passcode, and then choose “Install” again.
- 11th step: The font is now available for selection in all apps. For example, you can format text in Pages in the installed font.
Quick Start Guide: Install Fonts
- Download an app like “iFont” from the App Store that can install fonts on the iPhone.
- Then download a font as a file from a website like dafont.com and save it to the files.
- Open the iFont app, switch to the “Font Finder” tab and tap “Open Files …”.
- Select the file with the new font.
- Tap on “Import to iFont”.
- Switch to “Installer” in the lower menu bar and tap on the desired font.
- Go to “Install” and then to “Continue”.
- Select “Allow”.
- Open the iPhone settings and tap on “Profile loaded “.
- Tap “Install”, enter your code and tap “Install” again.