Nowadays, both workers and students who live in shared flats do not have enough time to carry it all out, or perhaps they just do not know how to organize themselves and are letting home care go by. What’s the score? A house made a mess, a fridge that is always half empty and 1000 more things to do.
There are all kinds of people. There are those who want to have everything under control and, for that same reason, they forget certain things like a product to buy or a task to do at home. Other types of people are those who never remember what to do. And one last group is the one that spends all day lying on the bed or on the sofa thinking that “they already will” or because they really don’t know where to start.
Maintaining a productive and orderly home requires some dedication. If you think you can’t handle everything and need help, thanks to these five applications available to download to your mobile, you can keep your house in order and keep your purchase (weekly, monthly …) up-to-date in the easiest way possible.
These apps can help all the types of people mentioned, either because they need a reminder or to give them the push they need. Let’s discover them!
Keep the fridge full
Here are two applications that will help you keep the fridge full, buying only what you need at the best price, and always being ready to prepare your favorite recipes.
1. Out Of Milk
Out Of Milk is the most used application in its sector. It is responsible for making both the shopping list and the purchase itself, in the most comfortable and effective way possible. It allows you to make a perfect shopping list thanks to the various features it offers:
See the prices of the various foods, as well as their best offers.
- Scan the barcode.
- Check the number of existing units.
- Inspect nearby places to make the purchase.
- Customer Support.
- Share the list and make it accessible to other people.
- Direct synchronization with your smartphone or browser.
- Division of the list by sections: cleaning, fruit, meat, beauty, etc.
- Inventory of what you already have at home.
It is compatible with iOS and Android and totally free, but there is also a paid Out Of Milk Pro version.
Thanks to this mobile application, you no longer need to write on a sheet, which you then lose or forget at home, your shopping list, or have under control all the offers and what you already have at home. In addition, once you make a list you will not have to make another one the same time because it will have already been saved.
BigOven is the best application to have all your recipes and inventory organized. It does not matter if it is the easiest or the most complicated recipe to prepare, because this one makes it seem much easier than it really is. This application allows you to carry out a series of actions thanks to the tools available:
- Save all your recipes like those of other users.
- Includes photographs of recipes.
- Discuss the recipes of others.
- Search by type of food: breakfast, lunch, dessert, dinner, etc.
- Plan all the meals of the week (dinner, snack, etc.).
Generate a shopping list from recipes. But it only generates a list of the food you need, thanks to an inventory that you can carry out previously.
It is compatible with iOS, Android, Kindle and Windows Phone and also free.
This application is very similar to the previous one. However, if you like to cook, but do not have enough ideas or do not know what foods to buy because you do not know what you need, this application helps you to know both what you already have and what you need. In this way, you will be able to reduce what enters the house. If you have too much food, you may get confused and probably make unnecessary expenses. For this reason, it is necessary to use fair storage, no more and no less, to be well organized.
Organize household chores
Many times we forget what we have to do and by the time we remember it is too late to react. Therefore, these two mobile applications that follow are so practical that they will help you know what to do and when to do it to keep up with household chores.
3. Clean House
Clean House is the app that is in charge of controlling your to-do list and reminding you of the cleaning routines of the different places in the house. For example, you can put a monthly “clean the deck” reminder, and instead, for example, the “sweep the house” task may have a daily or weekly reminder.
Upon entering the application, you will immediately see a list of things you should do that day to keep your home tidy. This app is very useful for not letting your house become an unpleasant place that really takes time to clean in depth.
In addition, this application is perfect for those people who live in continuous stress or who spend a lot of time away from home, even for those students who live in a shared apartment and have to divide the housework every week.
However, it is only compatible with Android. For iPhone there is Home Routines, which has the same functions as Clean House:
- When you finish a task, it is marked as done.
- If you don’t complete a task, the list is automatically generated, since it hasn’t been marked.
- Once you’re done, it makes you count all the tasks done throughout the day.
The fewer things you have thrown around, the less you will have to clean. Thanks to this app you will not forget when you have to clean and what.
4. You Need a Budget
As with food, buying cleaning products without knowing if you need it or not is a mistake due to storage space and unnecessary expense. You Need a Budget is the application that deals with controlling everything that has to do with household expenses. It has a series of very useful tools to be able to carry everything in order and under control:
- Record of the expenses that are produced (cleaning products, food, decorations, etc.).
- Record of savings.
- It allows the synchronization of multiple devices with the same budget, making it easier to control expenses between multiple people.
- Compatible with Android and iPhone.
- It is only available on PC by installing software.
- The license costs 53 euros and is paid in a single payment. However, the first month is free.
This application is perfect for those people who share a flat to be able to control the expenses that each one assumes within the home. In this way, it is not necessary to keep an account of the price of all the products, objects or food purchased, since this app already does it for you. Likewise, control what is saved in purchases. Therefore, if you have a pot with money, it allows you to return the right money to each person.
5. Cozi Family Organizer
Finally, the Cozi Family Organizer app is the most complete on the list. It gathers characteristics of the four applications that have been previously mentioned, both to make shopping lists and to keep the cleaning of a house up to date. Some of the many facilities it offers are the following:
- Multiplatform with support for multiple users.
- Manage to-do lists: buy or clean.
- Itineraries of household routines.
- Calendar with which you can write the activities you must do throughout the day and thus find a space for household chores.
- Shopping list from inventory. Although a recipe has an ingredient, if you already have it at home, it will not include it in the list.
- Google Calendar
- Compatible with iOS and Android.
- Free application. It also has a paid version in which you can have a shared contact list, birthday calendar and additional options for meal planning, among other things.
Lead an easier life
Thanks to technology, our lives have been made much easier. The effort that we have to make to keep our home under constant control, such as remembering what you have to do at home while you are at work, studying or with your friends, is now practically non-existent with the help of these applications.
With the tools provided by these apps, whether it is remembering, organizing or having an inventory of what you already have or need, you can take things more calmly and without stress because you have many things to do and not know when to do them. The more things you carry a day, the less you will have to do in the end.